Table of Contents
How To Change A WordPress Username in C-Panel
- Log in to cPanel through your assigned link, or through your client portal.
- In the search bar type phpMyAdmin.
- Click phpMyAdmin under databases
- On the left-hand side, click the plus icon next to your WordPress database and find the correct database. If you have multiple WordPress installs you can find the database name in your wp-config.php file.
- Find the WordPress users database and click it
- Double click on the user_login and type in the username you’d like to change it too then press enter.
- You can also do it by clicking the edit button
- type in the new username in user_login
- press go and it will update the database
- When you log in to your WordPress admin (/wp-admin or /wp-login) the username changed will be needed to log in from now on.
*Password is still the same