In this article, you will learn how to check your website for broken links. Having broken links on your website is bad for two reasons, The first reason is when a user clicks on a link it will reach a dead-end or even worst an infinite redirect loop. The second reason is it can affect your rankings on search engines due to it restricting the flow of your website.
Google Search Console
To continuously monitor your site for broken links using Google Search Console, follow these steps:
- Log in to Google Search Console.
- In the top left corner click the site you want to check.
- In the lefthand menu under Index click coverage
- If you have any broken links or errors they will appear in the details section
- Click on the type of error and it will expand.
- Click on the URL > Inspect URL
- After you have fixed the URL click request indexing
Google will now recrawl the page to make sure it is fixed
AtomSEO allows you to scan up to 2000 URLs to check for broken links. If you would like to use AtomSEO, follow these steps:
- Visit the AtomSEO Link Checker.
- Enter your URL in the text box
- Press check site
- After the AtomSEO has checked all your URL’s or 2000 URL’s you will see the broken links