In this article, you will learn how to find the current version of your WordPress installation. You can find this via the WordPress dashboard or by checking the version.php file in cPanel. If you’re unable to find the version in your WordPress dashboard this may be due to a plugin hiding it for security.
The fastest way to find your WordPress installation version is by following these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress admin area.
- Click WordPress dashboard in the left menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Your WordPress version will be located on the bottom right side.
If your unable to find your WordPress version a security plugin may have hidden it. Please follow the alternative method.
Please follow these steps if you’re unable to find the WordPress version on the admin side:
- Login to cPanel.
- Search for file manager then click it.
- Go to your WordPress installation (public_html if it isn’t on a subdomain) > WP-Includes.
- Find the Version.php file.
- Right-click and press view.
- Your WordPress version will look like this $wp_version = ‘5.7.2’;