In this article, you will learn how to fix the scheduled maintenance error in WordPress. This happens when WordPress goes into maintenance mode as its updating its software, It stops you from accessing your website temporally so it can successfully complete the update.
Sometimes a WordPress update may fail if it has been interrupted and you will see the following message permanently “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.”
How to fix the scheduled maintenance error
To fix the scheduled maintenance error follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Search for file manager then click it.
- Navigate to the folder your WordPress is installed (usually Public_html).
- In the top-right click settings > show hidden files > save.
- Find the .maintenance file.
- Right-click the .file then press delete.
- Click Yes.
- Go to your WordPress admin dashboard and you should find what caused the error.