In this article, you will learn how to migrate an existing WordPress site using a plugin called All-in-One WP Migration. All-in-one WP Migration exports your whole WordPress site including the database, media files, plugins and themes with no technical knowledge required.
Installing the plugin on your WordPress site
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over plugins then click add new.
- In the search bar type all-in-one WP Migration.
- Press Install Now.
- Press Activate.
The plugin has now been installed.
How to export your WordPress site using All-in-One WP Migration
- In the left-hand menu hover over All-in-One WP Migration then click export.
- If you are migrating your website to a brand new domain name, Click Find, Replace with, in the database.
- Enter your current domain name in the find row.
- Enter your new domain name in the replace row.
- Click Export To.
- Click File.
All-in-One WP Migration will now copy your whole website.
- After the sync has done, Click Download (domain name).
Your website has been downloaded.
How to Import your WordPress site using All-in-One WP Migration
- If you’re using your existing domain name, change your nameservers to the new hosting from your domain name provider.
- Install WordPress on your new hosting.
If you’re unsure of how to do this please view our article on how to install WordPress.
- After WordPress has been installed go to your dashboard and install the All-in-One WP Migration plugin again.
- In the left-hand menu hover over all-in-one WP Migration then click import.
- Click Import From then click File.
- Select the file you downloaded earlier.
- All-In-One WP Migration will now update your files and databases.
- Once completed, refresh your page and log in with your old websites credentials.