In this article, we will show you how to transfer a domain name to us so your domain name and hosting are all in one place. If you already have a domain name registered with another web hosting company or domain registrar such as eNom, You’re able to transfer it to us. If you do not own the domain name you will be unable to transfer it to us. If you’re not wanting to transfer your domain name to us you can update your domain nameservers so it points towards our servers
What do you need before you start a transfer? #
Before you can transfer the domain to us you will need to make sure the following steps have been done:
- The domain must be unlocked – If your domain name is locked you will need to contact your current domain registrar.
Disable WHOIS Privacy Protection – If you have privacy protection enabled, you should disable it before the migration as you might not receive the domain transfer e-mail.
- You must have an EPP Code – You will need to get this code from your current domain name holder, By having this code it shows you are authorized to transfer the domain name
When you start the domain transfer request, It can take from 2 – 7 days to fully complete the transfer.
Initiating the domain transfer #
To begin the domain transfer process, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Client Portal.
If you’re unsure about how to log in, please see this article.
- In the menu click Domains > Transfer Domain To Us
- Type in your domain name
- Type in your EPP Code
- Click .
- Select the legal type from the dropdown
- Type in the Registrant Name
- Type in the nameservers (leave the same for ours)
- Click Continue
- Fill in your billing information
- Press checkout
- Your domain is now in the transfer process