In this article, you will learn how to use the virus scanner in cPanel. The virus scanner is a tool that can scan your entire account, emails or public directories.
How to use the virus scanner #
To run a virus scan, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Search for virus and click the virus scanner.
- You will now see the virus scanner dashboard.
- Select what you would like to scan.
Scan Entire Home Directory – Scans your whole account.
Scan Mail – scans mail files.
Scan Public FTP Space – scans the FTP folder.
Scan Public Web Space – scans your public_html folder.
- Press .
- If the virus scanner finds any questionable files you can use the following options:
Quarantine – Puts the file in a quarantine directory called quarantine_clamavconnector.
Destroy – Deletes the infected file(s).
Ignore – Leaves the infected file the same.
- You have successfully used the virus scanner