CREATING A SQL DATABASE
- Log in to the client area by clicking here
- Click Services
- Select the service you require. We will be using Hosting – Lite
- In the Quick Shortcuts, Click MySQLDatabases
- Under Create New Database, Type in your new database name
- Press Create Database
- Scroll down the page until you get to MySQL Users
- Under Add New User, Type in your selected username followed by a password
*Make sure you remember your password. You’ll need it later.
- In the Add User To Database section, Select the user and database you’ve just created.
- Press Add
*Make sure you remember the database name and user
INSTALLING WORDPRESS MANUALLY
- In the Quick Shortcuts menu, Click File Manager. You can also do this by clicking C-Panel on the left sidebar.
- Click on public_html
- In the top menu, click Upload
- You can either drag the zip file in to the window or press select file.
- When the file has uploaded, Press Back
- Right click the file and press extract
- Press OK
- This is what your public_html folder should look like
- Right click on wp-config.php
- Press Edit
- Fill in the following MySQL Settings we created earlier.
- Database Name
- Database Username
- Database Password
- Head over to your URL http://example.com/wp-admin
For more information about WordPress, please visit http://wordpress.org.
Need FREE Website Hosting?